MP’s Ruddington Pothole Pledge

Rushcliffe’s Member of Parliament is promising to take action after being contacted by residents across our village complaining about the many potholes and deteriorating road surfaces here in Ruddington right now.

MP Ruth Edwards

On a flyer delivered to Ruddington households, Ruth Edwards MP says: “Working with your local county councillor, l have been collating these issues. In particular, Asher Lane, Mere Way and Flawforth Lane have all been highlighted. l also know there are some more general concerns about road maintenance and the deterioration of the road surface across the village, particularly between Ruddington and Clifton.”

The MP adds: “I wanted to let you know that I have written to the Portfolio Holder for Highways at Nottinghamshire County Council, ClIr Neil Clarke and have asked him if the specific issues raised can be given urgent attention and whether inspections could be carried out more generally across the village. I hope that, us working together to flag these issues will result in repairs being undertaken.”

The ‘Fix My Street’ map of reported Ruddington potholes in March 2024 contacted Cllr Clarke last week, to see what progress is being made with this.  So far, we have received no response from him. However, Ruddington County Councillor Reg Adair did reply, informing us: “County Councillors are working to get the roads of Ruddington and elsewhere brought up to a good standard, even in these wet and difficult weather periods.”

Some evidence has been posted on Ruddington social media in the past couple of days that Streetwise have attended to one or two of the worst potholes, and filled them with tarmac. Unfortunately many more remain in our village, often with entire road services deteriorating around them, as can be seen in our ‘Slideshow of Shame’ below:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

If you know of any other road issues you would like Ruth Edwards to raise, you’re invited to email  She says she will be happy to pass these emails on to the council.

You can also report potholes and other road surface issues directly to Nottinghamshire Council’s online portal via

Related posts