St Peter’s Church: Catch the Navy 3 or Green 10 to Ruddington Church.
The chapel of St Mary, built in 1459, became Ruddington’s parish church when St Peter’s Church in nearby Flawford was demolished in 1773. Much of the current Grade II listed Gothic style building dates from 1824 but it retains the chancel and steeple from the ancient fabric. The impressive manual pipe organ was installed in 1908 and made by Brindley & Foster of Sheffield. The church is in frequent use for worship as well as other village events and concerts. The churchyard, war memorial and The Hermitage (to the rear) are worth strolling around to see – even if the main building is locked.
Also find Ruddington Methodist Church dating from 1873 just around the corner from St Peter’s on Church Street. This is one of four Methodist Church buildings to be found in Ruddington – but the only one still used for worship.