Even though the whole of England has been put back under ‘lockdown’ to combat a new surge of COVID-19 infections, our village’s main bus operator says this will not alter the existing schedules of either its Navy 3 or Green 10 services for the time being.
With our schools now unexpectedly closed again, Nottingham City Transport (NCT) says the only buses which will not run are those specifically to accommodate extra travelling schoolchildren – such as the term time Navy 3 15:30 weekday service from Wilford Lane (ROKO) to the City. NCT hopes that, by otherwise maintaining its current service levels, buses will continue to be less busy to enable better social distancing and therefore safer travel.*
However, from Wednesday January 6th 2021 until further notice, Government advice on using public transport has again changed.
During ‘lockdown’ you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (for example, for work or education purposes). You should work from home when possible. If you do need to travel then you should stay local – meaning avoiding journeys outside of Ruddington. Also look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.
You can find the latest Government rules about travelling >>HERE<<.
Passengers making essential journeys are reminded to follow the ‘Safer Travel Guidance’ summarised below to keep themselves and others safe whilst travelling to or from Ruddington, and further afield.
The key points to follow are:
- You must not use NCT’s buses if you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, are self isolating or are clinically extremely vulnerable
- You must observe social contact rules and you must not travel with anyone who is not from the same household or support bubble
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times on the bus and cover your nose and mouth.
- Some people are exempt from wearing facial coverings, which is outlined in the Safer Travel Guidance along with suggested ways to let NCT’s drivers know that you are exempt.
- You are encouraged to wait for the next service if you feel you cannot keep your distance from other people.
- Cashless payment methods are preferred – contactless for adult pay as you go travel**, NCTX Buses app, Easyrider*** or Robin Hood.
Hand sanitiser dispensers are fitted to all NCT buses, for use just after you board and before you alight the bus
- Sit in the window seat only and away from other people (except other members of your own household or support bubble) when you can
- Travel side by side or behind other people, not facing them and make use of the upper deck on the Green 10
- Open windows to allow a fresh air supply to flow through the bus
- Avoid consuming food and drink on board
- Dispose of waste safely, including items such as used disposable face coverings
- When getting off the bus, press the bell in good time and remain in your seat until the bus stops. On the floor of Ruddington’s buses, there is a red circle where you should wait until the doors are opened.
You can watch NCT’s video summarising the key points below…
…whilst more detailed safer travel guidance advice can be found >>HERE<<.
** You can read about the option to make contactless payments aboard NCT’s buses >>HERE<<.
*** You can read about the ‘Scan and Go’ QR Codes on NCT’s Easyrider mobile tickets >>HERE<<.
NCT says: “Thank you to all of our employees and customers for their continued support.”
Please note, however, that NCT is reducing its Travel Centre and Call Centre opening hours from Saturday January 16th 2021 until further notice to reflect lower demand.
- Its Travel Centre will be open between 08:30-13:30 on Mondays to Fridays
- Its Call Centre will be open between 09:00 – 17:00 on Mondays to Saturdays
You’re advised to top up your Easyrider card online, or over the phone by calling 0115 950 60 70 if you are able to, giving NCT a minimum of 3 days to ensure your travel reaches your card in time.
If you’re making an essential journey with the family, or even as a couple, NCT has also extended its great value ‘Grouprider’ ticket offer into the first quarter of 2021.
Usually available at £6 only after 09:30 on weekdays, the ticket will remain priced at £6 all day, every day up to and including Wednesday March 31st. It’s available to buy on the bus from the driver or on the NCTX Buses app.
Grouprider tickets cover up to 5 people (min 1 adult, max 2 adults) for unlimited journeys on NCT buses in Nottingham for the day. >>MORE<<.