Our main village bus provider says normal service will continue on its Navy 3 and Green 10 buses despite Rushcliffe and the City of Nottingham being moved into the highest Government level of Coronavirus restrictions this week.
From one minute past midnight on Thursday 29th October 2020, when Ruddington comes under Tier 3 COVID-19 rules, Nottingham City Transport advises that people can continue to travel to venues and amenities which are open – such as work, education and retail. Therefore the company does not intend to make any changes to service levels for the next 28 days as a result of us entering Tier 3.
We reported back in July that Nottingham City Transport (NCT) has achieved Visit Britain’s official industry standard, which confirms that it is following industry and Government guidance on COVID-19, social distancing and cleanliness.Therefore, whether you’re a regular commuter, planning a shopping trip to the city or heading to Ruddington for a #RuddyGoodDayOut, you’re still ‘good to go’ subject to the Department for Transport (DfT)‘s Safer Travel Guidance.
The key points to follow are:
- You must not use NCT’s buses if you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, are self isolating or are clinically extremely vulnerable
- You must observe social contact rules and you must not travel in groups of more than 6 people unless you are all from the same household or support bubble
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times on the bus and cover your nose and mouth.
- Some people are exempt from wearing facial coverings, which is outlined in the Safer Travel Guidance along with suggested ways to let NCT’s drivers know that you are exempt.
- You are encouraged to wait for the next service if you feel you cannot keep your distance from other people.
- Cashless payment methods are preferred – contactless for adult pay as you go travel*, NCTX Buses app, Easyrider** or Robin Hood.
Hand sanitiser dispensers are fitted to all NCT buses, for use just after you board and before you alight the bus
- Sit in the window seat only and away from other people (except other members of your own household or support bubble) when you can
- Travel side by side or behind other people, not facing them and make use of the upper deck on the Green 10
- Open windows to allow a fresh air supply to flow through the bus
- Avoid consuming food and drink on board
- Dispose of waste safely, including items such as used disposable face coverings
- When getting off the bus, press the bell in good time and remain in your seat until the bus stops. On the floor of Ruddington’s buses, there is a red circle where you should wait until the doors are opened.
* You can read about the option to make contactless payments aboard NCT’s buses >>HERE<<.
** You can read about the “Scan and Go” QR Codes on NCT’s Easyrider mobile tickets >>HERE<<.
NCT says: “Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these difficult times.”
You can find further guidance on travelling safely >>HERE<<.