Whether you’re a regular commuter, planning a shopping trip to the city or heading to Ruddington for a #RuddyGoodDayOut, our village’s main public transport provider is reassuring passengers that its Navy 3 and Green 10 buses are clean, safe and ‘good to go’!
We reported back in July that Nottingham City Transport (NCT) has achieved Visit Britain’s official industry standard, which confirms that it is following industry and Government guidance on COVID-19, social distancing and cleanliness.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has just updated its Safer Travel Guidance for Passengers and NCT says: “We are committed to revising this guidance as changes are made by DfT, with the latest update effective from 28th September 2020”.
The key points to follow are:
- You must not use NCT’s buses if you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, are self isolating or are clinically extremely vulnerable
- You must observe social contact rules and you must not travel in groups of more than 6 people unless you are all from the same household or support bubble
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times on the bus and cover your nose and mouth.
- Some people are exempt from wearing facial coverings, which is outlined in the Safer Travel Guidance along with suggested ways to let NCT’s drivers know that you are exempt.
- You are encouraged to wait for the next service if you feel you cannot keep your distance from other people.
- Cashless payment methods are preferred – contactless for adult pay as you go travel*, NCTX Buses app, Easyrider** or Robin Hood.
Hand sanitiser dispensers are fitted to all NCT buses, for use just after you board and before you alight the bus
- Sit in the window seat only and away from other people (except other members of your own household or support bubble) when you can
- Travel side by side or behind other people, not facing them and make use of the upper deck on the Green 10
- Open windows to allow a fresh air supply to flow through the bus
- Avoid consuming food and drink on board
- Dispose of waste safely, including items such as used disposable face coverings
- When getting off the bus, press the bell in good time and remain in your seat until the bus stops. On the floor of Ruddington’s buses, there is a red circle where you should wait until the doors are opened.
* You can read about the new option to make contactless payments aboard NCT’s buses >>HERE<<.
** You can read about the new “Scan and Go” QR Codes on NCT’s Easyrider mobile tickets >>HERE<<.
NCT says: “Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these difficult times.”
You can find further guidance on travelling safely >>HERE<<.