If you’re catching Nottingham City Transport‘s Navy 3 or Green 10 into or out of the City Centre early or late this weekend beware that overnight diversions are taking place. These will also effect NightBus N48.
It’s because the old pedestrian bridges across Collin Street between the old Broadmarsh Bus Station and the Shopping Centre are due to be removed between tonight (Friday 5th January) and Monday 8th January.
Whilst this work is undertaken, there will be diversions on all buses using this route – which will be unable to serve their normal stops on Maid Marian Way, Broadmarsh Collin Street, Fletcher Gate or George Street.
Ruddington’s services are affected as follows:-
NAVY 3, NightBus N48
- Buses to the City will follow their normal route to Beastmarket Hill.
- Buses from the City will depart Beastmarket Hill as normal and then divert to reach Nottingham Station, where they will resume normal route from Carrington Street.
The Maid Marian Way (M2) and Collin Street (C3 or C4) stops will not be served.
- Buses to the City will follow their normal route to Nottingham Station. After departing the Nottingham Station stop, buses will divert via Maid Marian Way to reach their Angel Row bus stops. Buses will stop at the bottom of Maid Marian Way (under the bridge) for Broadmarsh (C9).
- Buses from the City will depart Angel Row as normal and then divert via Victoria Centre and past the Arena to reach Nottingham Station, where they will resume normal route from Carrington Street. At Victoria Centre, these buses will stop outside Argos (V4).
The stops on Fletcher Gate (H1), George Street (H2), Maid Marian Way (M1) and Collin Street (C2 or C4) will not be served.
These diversions will be in place between the following times:
- Friday 5th January 20:00 until Saturday 6th January 08:00
- Saturday 6th January 20:00 until Sunday 7th January 08:00
UPDATE 7th JAN 2017:
It was originally reported that diversions may also be in place from Sunday 7th January 18:00 until Monday 8th January 06:00 if required. However the bridge removal work was completed on schedule so this extra closure will not be necessary.